From our corporate offices in Southern California to field positions in sales, engineering and support, a job at Getac requires you to bring your 'A game' every single day. It's what our customers expect.
Think you have what it takes? Scroll through our current openings below or send a resume to GetacHR_US@getac.com in the event a future opening becomes available.
Keep your resume on file with our HR department for consideration should an appropriate position(s) become available in the near future.
Position Description Summary
The Support Technician is responsible for actively driving and managing technology evaluations during the pre- sales process for Mobile Video Solutions. This role will work in conjunction with the Business Development Manager as the key technical advisor and advocate for Getac products. Candidates must be able to multi-task and manage several technical pre- sales activities in a time sensitive manner to support customer’s business needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and deliver Mobile Video Solutions demonstrations.
- Represent Mobile Video Solutions to the customers and at field events such as conferences, seminars, trades shows, etc.
- Responsible for timely, accurate and detailed communications and tacking of projects via internal systems.
- Appropriately respond to functional and technical elements of RFQ’s and RFP’s for Mobile Video Solutions.
- Travel throughout the regional sales territory and US.
- Effective communication of technical issues to the overseas engineering team.
- Identify all technical issues of assigned customer accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
- Provide weekly reporting on the Mobile Video Solutions to the Director of Business Development.
- Responsible for VR and VCI certification Training program
- Manage pilots on Mobile Video Solutions.
- Understanding the customer market needs by industry vertical and feedback to the R & D engineering teams.
- Requires 50% to 70% travel.
- Video solution Hardware and software troubleshooting.
- OS/Image builds – INF drivers, system drivers, BIOS, encryption, etc.
- Microsoft Certification a plus.
- Experience supporting video evidence product end-user installation, configuration, upgrades and migration.
- Experience troubleshooting technology in vehicles to include interoperability of computers with mounts, docks and other third party devices.
- Gobi, 3G, 4G knowledge and wireless troubleshooting – familiar with wireless software: One Click, NetMotion, VZ Manager.
Essential Skills and Experience Requirements
Requires 3-5 years of pre/post field support with in-car video / Body Worn Camera / Video Evidence companies or similar industry. Excellent team work and prior experience in collaboration with field sales team, field sales engineers, R & D engineers, end-customers and 3rd party vendors is required. Ability to multi-task, prioritize and escalate trouble shooting issues in a time sensitive manner is expected. Excellent verbal , written, communication organizational skills are needed. Must be a self-starter with energy, initiative, and a strong work ethic and thrive in a fast paced detail oriented environment. Use of computer systems, MS office is required. Prior experience in a technical support role or project management role is a plus.
BS degree in electrical engineering or similar field is required.
Certifications: CCNA, MSCE and graduate degree are a plus.